Dating a woman from Hungary is a prospect fancied by men from other western countries. The cultural and physical appeal is enough to convince any suitor of dating them. But before we rush in to discuss Hungarian women (and their tongue-twisting names), let’s first talk about Hungary.
Located in Central Europe, Hungary has always been the epicenter of historical events — from the days of the Austro-Hungarian empire until independence in 1989. But the cultural relevance of Hungary — especially Budapest — reached its peak during the Cold War Era.
Consequently, the women from Hungary embody a blend of East and West. Hence, their appeal to men from all across the globe.
In this detailed guide, you’ll get first-rate intel on Hungarian brides and how to date them.
Reasons for dating Hungarian women
We are all searching for something specific in every relationship. It might be a combination of love, passion, and compatibility. Sometimes, the attraction is simply physical. Whatever your poison is, Hungarian brides have them in abundance.
Here are the reasons why you should date Hungarian women:
They are adaptable
Women in Hungary are not fazed by any cultural differences because they have seen it all. Budapest is so famous as a tourist location that even George Ezra made a song about it.
Moreover, due to constant interaction with tourists, Hungarian girls assimilate new cultures from a very young age. They talk to foreigners of different backgrounds regularly, which opens them up to the idea of dating outside their culture.
Therefore, if you marry a Hungarian bride, you won’t wait long for her to adapt to new surroundings.
They have strong traditional values
Despite the massive external cultural influence, Hungary has retained its traditions over the years. Hungarian women are master chefs when it comes to their local cuisines. Goulash and paprika-flavored soups are their two most world-renowned culinary masterpieces.
Also, Hungarian women dress in flamboyant attires to do the Ugrós dance with their male partners. Similar to most women from the former Eastern Bloc, Hungarian women stay close to their family members, even deep into adulthood. Moreover, they prefer to take care of their domestic responsibilities while pursuing their career goals.
Hungarian women are athletic
Hungarian women are prominent on the athletic scene. Beautiful swimmers like Katinka Hosszú have become national and international symbols of beauty and athleticism. And it all comes down to the ethos of physical education in Hungary. Young Hungarian girls are encouraged to accept the fitness culture. Therefore, your Hungarian bride will always stay in excellent physical shape, even during the winter.
Hungarian ladies are ambitious
In Hungary, women enjoy fundamental human rights like their European and American peers. The ladies are actively joining the workforce to battle alongside men on a level playing field. On average, every young woman in Hungary has a formal education. So, this advantage helps to foster their ambition.
Today, Hungarian women believe that they can compete in the workforce with other women. As a result, they learn multiple languages to increase their employability in any area. Most importantly, Hungarian women are not fazed by the intimidation of megalopolises like New York and Milan.
Women in Hungary love having fun
Since Budapest is a cultural center, life in the city is nothing but epic. And women in Hungary are party enthusiasts. Even beyond Budapest, Hungarian women always take the chance to blow off steam. They party all weekend, especially during national holidays. And most importantly, they are nimble-footed with excellent dancing skills.
Hungarian girls are fashionistas
The famous Estee Lauder (nee Mentzer) has Hungarian roots. And this is an indication of the fashion essence of Hungarian women. Moreover, Budapest has blossomed into a fashion center in Europe, competing with Paris and Milan. So, you stand a high chance of meeting a Hungarian bride of supermodel caliber on the streets of Budapest.
Stereotypes about Hungarian women
Stereotypes always grow through the depiction of a place or people in movies. In Hollywood, Budapest often comes up alongside the Cold War USSR. But foreigners don’t realize that Hungary was the most ‘westernized’ state of the Eastern Bloc. People traveled from all parts of the Soviet Union to enjoy Coca-Cola in Budapest… and most of them stayed for the women.
Here are some stereotypes of Hungarian women:
They are cold feminists
In general, Hungarians can be cold to foreigners. They are always skeptical about meeting strangers. Also, Hungarian women will not smile at you on the street unless they realize you are a tourist.
Even though most Hungarian brides are feminist, they are less-abrasive than their European neighbors. They are cordial and goal-oriented at all times.
Hungarian women don’t care about English
Over 80% of Hungarian women speak Hungarian. However, most of them are educated, which makes it easier to pick up English. Your Hungarian bride will attempt to discuss complex topics with you in English. And in due time, she will become fluent.
They love paprika
Grab your wet wipes when eating a meal prepared by your Hungarian bride. These women love paprika and hot sauce. Hungarian women grind the paprika into powder and serve it with almost everything. So, get ready for some hot sauce!
Hungarian women are pessimistic
Unfortunately, most women in this part of the world are not positive about life. This pessimism is a consequence of being under Soviet control for a long time. And it explains why most Hungarian women are not so welcoming of strangers.
Hungarian ladies are great athletes
Yes, Hungarian women are massive proponents of fitness and vitality. They always stay in tip-top shape, flexing toned leg muscles and flat tummies.
They love spas
Hungary has a vibrant spa culture. If you play your cards right, you might meet the Hungarian bride of your dreams in one of these public spas and baths. But always remain cordial while interacting with a Hungarian lady. This will make her warm up to your advances.
They have difficult names
This is partially true. Hungarian women often have names with inflections on individual syllables, e.g., Zsuzsanna. On the other hand, some Hungarian female names are just beautiful, like Katinka.
Top 10 tips on dating Hungarian girls and women
Dating women from Hungary presents a unique challenge that requires stepping out of your comfort zone. In the early stages, you will spend a lot of energy trying to win her affections. And once you cross this initial barrier, your chances of dating a Hungarian girl will increase significantly.
Here are ten tips on dating Hungarian women.
- Don’t fake it. Hungarian women are brilliant: they can sense bullshit from a mile away. Be yourself. Don’t try to put up appearances to impress her. Hungarian girls don’t like flamboyant men, and they will appreciate you for who you are.
- Be romantic. Hungary is a beautiful country with lots of romantic locations. Spend money on gifts, organize a picnic, and buy her flowers.
- Treat her with respect. Women from Hungary demand respect from men. They expect to be treated as equals. Whenever you are talking to a Hungarian woman, don’t sound patronizing. Let her finish her thoughts before making your input.
- Discuss her interests. Don’t make the conversation all about you and your massive fleet of cars. Ask your Hungarian bride about her interests and steer the conversation in that direction. Always place her in the epicenter of the discussion.
- Ask her about fashion. Most girls in Hungary are fashion-savvy. Use this opportunity to engage your Hungarian bride in some fashion talk and watch her eyes light up in excitement.
- Learn about the culture. Hungarian women are proud of their cultural heritage. And they will love you more if you show some interest.
- Show your intentions. Don’t play the long game. Make your intentions known as soon as the situation allows.
- Don’t reveal too much. Hungarian women love intrigue and suspense. So, telling them everything about yourself will ruin the excitement prematurely.
- Get the bill. Don’t split the check after a date. Pay for the dinner even if your bride offers to split the bill.
- Learn the language. No lies, Hungarian is complicated. The consonant clusters will make your dizzy. But you can learn simple phrases of endearment for your Hungarian girl.
10 Famous Hungarian Women
- Zsa Zsa Gabor — Her career in Hollywood spanned over 40 years, and she featured in some iconic movies. Zsa Zsa became a household name all over the world because of her charm and charisma. Today, she has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Eva Gabor — Eva was a very bright star in Hollywood alongside her sister. She was equally as charming and talented as Zsa Zsa, although she never gained the same level of prominence. Eva Gabor is a theater and movie legend worldwide.
- Judit Polgar — Chess is usually a male-dominated sport. But Judit Polgar made waves as the most prominent female chess player of all time. She held the crown of the best female chess player from 1989 (age 12) to 2014. She also became the youngest player to enter the FIDE top-100 at 12.
- Katinka Hosszú — The Iron Lady of swimming is prominent as a multiple world champion and 3-time Olympic medalist. Her charming personality and athletic looks have propelled her to fame as one of the most influential Hungarian women today.
- Margit Kaffka — Margit was a world-renowned novelist of the 20-the century.
- Barbara Palvin — This famous supermodel is a fan favorite all over the globe. Barbara graces the fashion runways of Paris, Milan, Korea, Singapore, and Britain.
- Estee Lauder — The owner and founder of the cosmetic brand of the same name originates from Hungary. She became a fashion icon after landing a spot as the only woman on the Time’s business icons of 1998.
- Ilona Staller — She started her career as a pornstar and is now a prominent politician and singer.
- Johanna Konta — Johanna is a gorgeous No.4 ranked tennis player representing Britain. She was born to Hungarian parents who later relocated to the UK.
- Maria Telkes — The Sun Queen was a biophysicist and inventor who contributed a lot to solar technologies. She is an inductee of the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
Why marry a Hungarian woman?
When you meet a Hungarian woman that fits your specs, don’t hesitate to make the first move. Hungarian women are open to marriage to any man with serious intentions. They don’t care about your nationality, as far as you can shower them with love and financial security.
More so, Hungarian women can adapt to any climate and culture. They are highly intelligent and diligent. Hungarians girls are ready to face any challenge head-on. Most importantly, marrying a Hungarian woman will assure you a healthy, lovely, and stress-free life.
Start searching for a bride right away and enjoy the best years of your life with your Hungarian bride.