Beautiful Swiss women are known all over the world for their femininity and independence. Thanks to their good-looking appearance, healthy lifestyle, and inborn intelligence, they happen to be a perfect match for strong men.
There is a common belief that Swiss women are difficult to approach. And this is partially true due to local culture. Swiss women are determined about what they want in their life, so they won’t accept anything less than that. If you can provide them with moral comfort and financial stability, they will open up to you. Read on to know more things about brides from Switzerland.
Why Swiss Women Are so Popular?
When it comes to Swiss women, there’s always something more than what you actually see. There are lots of nice things you’ll like about these European ladies, from physical characteristics to moral qualities. Here they are:
- Charming appearance: Finding a life partner among Swiss women is a great idea because local females are simply irresistible. Their pure and delicate beauty will mesmerize you. Their fair hair, pale skin, blue eyes, and slim figures are desired by many men around the world. What’s most important is that local women possess the inborn trait of being beautiful. While visiting Switzerland, you will hardly find a woman hiding behind old-fashioned and extraordinary clothes. At the same time, they don’t need to wear a mini dress and heavy make-up to look attractive for themselves and others. They are absolutely fine with being what they are.
- Intelligence: Apart from physical attractiveness, the first thing you notice about Swiss women is how quick-witted they are. It is a must for them to get an academic degree in order to find their place in society. Moreover, they always want to grow by learning something new, whether it comes to a foreign language or sport. With all the gained knowledge and skills, local girls have lots of opportunities to build up a successful career. If you want to have a partner that is equally smart and pretty, you should choose a Swiss woman.
- Absolute loyalty: Women from Switzerland can be a perfect choice because they aren’t interested in fast flings. If they get into relationships, it means that they are serious about them. These beauties are loyal to their men, meaning that they will stand by their husbands in the most challenging life situations. By marrying a Swiss woman, a man can find comfort in times of distress and celebrate the most cheerful moments.
- Independence and self-sufficiency: Swiss women are not fond of clingy relationships. They need some personal space to succeed in studies, build up their career, and develop themselves in their hobby. Being quite independent, they don’t need you to keep them under control 24/7. As soon as they start feeling the pressure, they will most likely leave you. Being self-sufficient, they want to have money of their own. That’s why Swiss women usually don’t feel like becoming housewives. Even in their marriage life, they want to be independent of their husbands, both financially and morally.
- Household skills: While Swiss women are not interested in spending their life at home, it doesn’t mean that they are bad at cleaning or cooking. In fact, they have a unique ability to combine their work routine and household duties without sacrificing anything. After marrying an ambitious and career-oriented Swiss woman, you won’t have to come home to a messy and dirty flat.
Tips for Dating a Swiss Woman
Before you start your love adventure with a Swiss lady, you should learn how to treat her well. Your mission is to prove your reliability and sufficiency to her. Once you succeed in it, you will see her right in your arms. Here are some dating hints for you:
- Put an effort. It is not that easy to succeed in online dating. With the growing popularity of dating resources, you may have as many new contacts as you want. However, if you consider finding a partner for a serious relationship, it will surely take time.
- Split the bill. Swiss women don’t need men to support them. They work as much as men, so they have money to pay a bill at the restaurant. Some local women can be insulted if you offer them to pay a mutual bill for dinner. Of course, it is not a strict rule. But you still should know that such a situation is quite possible in Switzerland.
- Be patient. Women from Switzerland are not as open and easy-going as women from Eastern Europe. If you expect them to talk about their personal issues or family matters on the very first date, you should forget about that. Instead, show respect to their boundaries. They really appreciate it when men start asking them about their jobs, friends, and hobbies. It will be more than enough for the first several meetings.
- Be honest. Whether you are looking for a one-night stand, fast fling, or a serious relationship, make it clear from the very first conversation with a Swiss woman. Whatever you need, don’t hide it from her. Generally, Swiss ladies focus on a serious relationship, so they don’t want to be part of your fun game.
- Get clear on what you want. To find a life partner to spend a night or a life with, you should clearly understand what features, appearance, and views she should possess. If you are not sure about that, your search will go nowhere. As soon as you set your priorities, feel free to start dating online.
An Overview of Dating Swiss Women
The Swiss people can hardly be viewed as the most romantic nation. But when it comes to relationships, they take things seriously. Even though they may seem quite reserved and even cold, they know how to love and be loved. Once they start dating someone, they don’t rush to take their relationship to the next level unless they are sure about their partner.
If you convince your Swiss girlfriend of your pure intentions, you will make it easier for her to trust you. When she commits to a relationship, she will want it to last long. From that point on, it will become your task to make her happy. At the same time, you won’t need to treat her like a child. Every Swiss lady likes doing things her own way, so she doesn’t need a man who will teach her what is right and what is wrong.
Men hate when women are pushing things forward in relationships. Guess what? You can hardly expect something like that from Swiss beauties. Eventually, you will realize that you are having the smoothest relationship in your life.
How to Meet with Swiss Women?
Similar to all other Western countries, there are a few traditional ways to meet local women in Switzerland. These include going to bars and clubs, registering on dating resources, and meeting through friends. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the most suitable options for yourself.
Local clubs and events
If you consider visiting Switzerland in the nearest future, you should choose one of the large cities such as Zürich and Geneva where locals speak English. Once you are there, you can visit local clubs and take part in local events to meet Swiss girls. Of course, there is no guarantee that you will meet someone special. If you do, you will be able to know her better and avoid all that tiring online chats and messages. If you cannot visit Switzerland for some reason, you have alternative options to try.
Dating apps and websites
Like in many other countries around the world, online dating has become incredibly popular in Switzerland. Today, there is a great number of dating websites and mobile apps where men and women can meet each other regardless of their geographic location. This is the way you can choose your soulmate from thousands of users.
With a great number of dating resources, it is not that easy to make the right choice. Online resources can be dangerous as they make you get the first impression of a person by the profile details and photos. Sadly, this information is not always true. Thus, it’s crucial to find a reliable resource if you decide on dating a Swiss woman and having a serious relationship with her.
Among the most relevant characteristics of a particular dating website or app there is the number of active users, response rate, and online status. When looking for a good place to find a Swiss woman, you should focus on the verified women’s accounts.
Ideally, you need to conduct brief research on the internet in order to detect the most reliable and popular sites with a great number of Swiss brides. Ideally, you should read reviews for each website left by users on the independent online resources. To maximize your chances of a positive experience, you can register at several dating platforms. By expanding your search area, you automatically increase your chances to find a perfect Swiss woman.
Meeting through friends
Among all the possible opportunities to meet a potential bride or even wife, meeting through friends has not disappeared from the Swiss dating life. If you have friends in Switzerland, you can ask them to find a nice girl for you there. While they are living in that country, they surely know the local mentality. Thus, they will be able to recognize a decent candidate from the crowd in order to meet your needs and expectations. By meeting through friends you will avoid the first difficult steps in the relationship because you will already know the basic information about the girl.
Dating Etiquette with Swiss Women
In terms of dating etiquette in Switzerland, it is quite conservative. If you want to be spontaneous, it is normal. But if you want to make something super extraordinary, especially on the first date, you won’t achieve anything. Apart from that, there are some other important things to keep in mind:
- Take initiative in your hands. Switzerland women want men to take the first step. However, local men are not that active when it comes to romantic gestures. If you check the information on dating forums in Switzerland, you will find out that Swiss women are dreaming about self-confident and goal-oriented men. That’s why they are looking for foreigners who tend to approach them easily. Of course, this person should have all the necessary qualities to make a Swiss girl respond to his words and actions.
- Follow a standard dating scenario. Considering the conservative nature of the Swiss nation, local men and women prefer to know each other better before taking things to the next level. When it comes to the first date, they prefer to spend it in a comfortable atmosphere, namely by walking or sitting in a coffee shop. If all goes well, you can expect dates to involve the advanced scenarios such as having dinner at a fancy restaurant or cooking a traditional Swiss meal together.
Dating Behavior with Swiss Women
Every nation has some stereotypes. Switzerland doesn’t make an exception. There are specific behavioral traits that you will most likely come across when dating a local woman. Here they are:
What to wear
If you do not follow the fashion trends, you shouldn’t try to show off. Depending on the occasion, wearing something suitable will be enough to make a good impression on her. What’s even more important is that your general look should be neat and tidy. Let’s say, having a greasy spot on your collar won’t add you points in her eyes.
Punctuality and time-keeping
It may sound like one more stereotype about Switzerland but it is actually true. Punctuality is not an empty word there. Swiss women won’t be late even for a date. In some cases, you will be surprised to see a girl coming 5-10 minutes earlier. So, if you are getting ready for a date, make sure you come in advance. While Swiss girls are always on time, they expect the same thing from men.
Swiss brides are conservative, so you shouldn’t expect some emotional expressiveness from them. They keep their body language quite formal. For example, Swiss women like having their own personal space so that they won’t want you to call them every 5 minutes to ask how they are. Also, public displays of affection make them feel shy or even embarrassed.
Flirting and compliments
Swiss men are not fond of flirting while Swiss women want it much. For local beauties, flirting and compliments turn out to be a part of seduction. Your words and actions should speak for themselves. Sending flowers to her home, reserving a table at the restaurant, or buying tickets to the theater are only some of the seduction ideas you can try. Of course, you should be careful with your romantic gestures. If you go too far with that, you will most likely push her away.
Chivalry and manners
Swiss women tend to be quiet and reserved, which makes you behave like a gentleman on the first date. If you want to impress her with a couple of dirty jokes, you should keep them for some other time. Also, don’t try to ask her too personal questions like her salary, sexual experience, parents, and so on. When they get to know a man, they decide whether they can open up to him or not.
How to get divorced in Switzerland?
If Swiss men and women get married, they will do their best to stay together for the rest of their life. When it comes to relationships, they take things seriously. But if life together is not possible anymore, they have to go through the time-taking and tiring divorce procedure. If you have a fortune or kids, it will get even worse. In 2019, there were over 16,000 divorces, rising Switzerland’s divorce rate to almost 40%.
How to get married in Switzerland?
In a relationship, Swiss mail order brides like to take things slow. There is no need to rush when it comes to their future. Thus, it may take some time for a couple to get intimate, meet their families, get married, have children, and so on. Maybe this is the reason why the idea of getting married is becoming less and less popular in Switzerland. Local people have realized that living together and having all those family things without the actual marriage works perfectly for everyone. In case something goes wrong, they don’t need to go through the tiring divorce procedure. Moreover, more and more Swiss women choose to marry foreigners. According to the data published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office in 2019, 36% of all marriages were between a Swiss and a foreigner. It means that every man regardless of his nationality has a chance of marrying a beautiful and smart Swiss woman.